This battery holder is made to hold four 18650-type batteries. The holder has individual pins, on the bottom side, which are connected to each battery terminal. This allows you to wire (configure) this holder for series-connected cells or parallel-connected cells. On the inner part of the holder are imprinted markings and text to indicate how to install batteries for series or parallel configurations.
- Compatible Batteries: 18650 Batteries
- Cell Connection Configuration: Series or Parallel
- Dimensions: Approx 78mm X 79mm X 21mm(LxWxH)
- Weight: Approx 27g
- Parallel Cells Note: Caution must be used when connecting two cells in parallel. Both cells must be at the same voltage level; otherwise, if one cell has a lower voltage than the companion cell, the higher voltage cell will discharge into the lower voltage cell in an attempt to bring the two cells to the same voltage. This will eventually balance out, but if the voltages of the two cells differ enough, the resulting current through both cells can be high enough to cause the cells to overheat or worse.
- Series Cells Note: When cells are connected in series, you need a special battery charger and controller that are specifically made to charge and balance series connected cells.