Why a Raspberry Pi Pico?
Designing your own microcontroller instead of buying an existing one brings a number of advantages. According to Raspberry Pi itself, not one of the existing products available for this comes close to their price/performance ratio.
This Raspberry Pi Pico has also given Raspberry Pi the ability to add some innovative and powerful features of their own. These features are not available anywhere else.
A third reason is that the Raspberry Pi Pico has given Raspberry Pi the ability to create powerful software around the product. Surrounding this software stack is an extensive documentation set. The software and documentation meet the high standard of Raspberry Pi’s core products (such as the Raspberry Pi 400, Pi 4 Model B and Pi 3 Model A ).
Who is this microcontroller for?
The Raspberry Pi Pico is suitable for both advanced and novice users. From controlling a display to controlling many different devices that you use every day. Automating everyday operations is made possible by this technology.
The Raspberry Pi Pico is programmable in the C and MicroPython languages and is customizable for a wide range of devices. In addition, the Pico is as easy to use as dragging and dropping files. This makes this microcontroller ideally suited for the novice user.
For advanced users, it is possible to take advantage of the Pico’s extensive peripherals. The peripherals include the SPI, I2C, and eight programmable I/O (PIO)-state machines.
What are the core features of the Raspberry Pi Pico?
The full list of features is shown above. Some of the most important features of the Raspberry Pi Pico are:
- RP2040 microcontroller chip ontwikkeld door Raspberry Pi in Engeland
- Dual-core ARM Cortex M0 processor, with a clock speed up to 133 MHz
- 264 kB SRAM, and 2 MB on-board Flash memory
- Castellated module allows soldering directly to carrier boards
- USB 1.1 host and device support
What makes the Raspberry Pi Pico unique?
What’s unique about the Pico is that it was developed by Raspberry Pi itself. The RP2040 features a dual-core Arm Cortex-M0 processor with 264 KB of internal RAM and support for up to 16 MB of off-chip Flash.
The Raspberry Pi Pico is unique for several reasons:
- The product has the highest price/quality ratio in the microcontroller board market.
- The Raspberry Pi Pico has been developed by Raspberry Pi itself.
- The software stack surrounding this product is of high quality and comes paired with a comprehensive documentation set.